Your right to privacy is one of What Would Hazel Do’s (WWHD) primary concerns and we will guard your personal information with the same diligence we apply to safeguarding our own personal or sensitive information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.aoic.gov.au
To that end –
- WWHD will only collect information that is relevant to your transaction or the services WWHD provides. This includes your name and contact details.
- Personal information will only be disclosed in the execution of the purposes for which it is collected or as specified by law.
- Any requirement to disclose personal information to agents, service providers or government authorities will always be done in accordance with our privacy principles.
- WWHD will never sell personal information (including mailing and emailing lists) to anyone unless we have your permission to do so.
You are free to ask what personal information about you is held – contact me via my Contact page.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering as a customer, subscribing to our newsletter, asking a question about a product, or posting a review for a product. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a special promotion or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of purchases that you make on our site and your personal data needed for the fulfilment of your orders, such as name, address, and payment data.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- If you place an order we use third party payment processors, Square, to collect your personal payment data (e.g. credit card details)
We retain personal data only for as long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
How We Process Your Personal Data
- To facilitate and coordinate sales and related services.
- To enable you to communicate with us and other website visitors via the Product Review system and the Product Question process. Please be aware that if you post a review this information may be made available to the public in an online environment. Each user is solely responsible for its posted comments. If you choose to use any such interactive area, please be aware that this environment and all personal data posted there is publicly accessible. We cannot control how other visitors of the website will use this information. In particular, we are unable to prevent you from receiving unsolicited messages from third parties.
- Further, we may process your web server information in cooperation with your internet access provider and/or local authorities in cases of a system misuse in order to investigate and identify the originator of such system misuse.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your personal data is very important and helpful for us to provide and optimise our services to you. We do not share personal data with any third party, unless this is necessary to fulfil our services, is permitted by applicable law; or has been agreed by you.
We share personal data with third parties within the scope of the service provided to you. We have to share your name and the delivery address with third-party service providers (such as Australia Post) for logistics or processing services. Under no circumstances do we provide such personal data to these service providers for marketing purposes.
How We Keep Personal Data Secure
While we take all necessary and reasonable steps to keep your information secure, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise, will be absolutely safe from unauthorised access by others.
What Would Hazel Do’s website is hosted on the WordPress platform and secure systems.
Your payments are handled over an encrypted connection via a secure third-party data processor, Square. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
By using our service, making an application, or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold personal data about you, the type of data, and to access such data. In accordance with the Act, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
- require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate.
- have your personal customer data removed from our records by notifying us.
Cookies are data that a Web site transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to and use of a site. They allow us to track usage patterns and to compile data that can help us improve our content. They ensure the best user experience on our website.
Cookies are used for such things as:
- Remembering your shopping cart contents
- Remembering your personal account information
- To allow the collection of statistics.
Third-party social networks cookies:
If you interact with the content of the website, third-party cookies may also be installed such as clicking on social media buttons. Third-party cookies are those established by a domain different to What Would Hazel Do and subject to the relevant social network’s policies.
For More Information
Please contact us to ask for access to your information or if you have a complaint concerning your information privacy or if you would like more information about our approach to privacy.
Post: PO Box 6766, Charnwood ACT 2615
You can also access information via the below links in respect to our platform provider, WordPress, and our payment processer, Square.